Saturday, March 4, 2023

Forgiveness at the Last Hour

On your side, I was been crucified,
I was a bandit condemned.
I had no hope about anything,
I was only sure that my death was coming.
 
Nothing would change for me,
Of the condemnation, I could not flee.
They will put to end my life,
I thought no one could save me at that time.
 
On my side, I saw a lord.
Some people called him Saviour,
And others charged him as an evildoer.
I saw something different in that man.
Even if being crucified,
He did not abandon his love for them.
 
I gave attention to this man,
I felt he was not an ordinary man,
He seemed to be a great king!
I said, ‘Lord, remember me,
When in your kingdom you to get in,’
And from him came the answer:
‘Today in paradise, you will be with me.’
 
My hope was revived,
Something good, that man promised,
He did not want to condemn me,
He preferred to forgive and save me.
 
For the glory of Christ, I am going,
I will be together with the great King,
Because my soul pleased Him,
He forgave me for all my sins,
To thee, I deliver my spirit, Lord.
To eternal life, I will go with you.


This poem is part of the book Christian Poetry Volume II.


See the book:

No comments:

Post a Comment