Tuesday, September 12, 2023

The Gospel of the Ostentation

I am evangelical, and I have a very expensive car,
I went to a church, and my reward is going far.
I only needed to sacrifice to get all of it,
All the money I gained, I put in my offerings.

I have many houses and even a mansion,
My heart has the desire for conquering and expansion.
I have to buy all the expensive things,
To make this happen, I only need to give offerings.

Before a generous offering, God has to repay me,
If I give all I have, He must give something to me.
The more I gain, the more I will offer,
The more I have, the more I want to conquer.

I want to gain all the possible money,
Brand clothes, leather shoes, and everything, I will buy.
I will have so much; I even will have a private jet,
All this is to show all the things I can get.

I want to exhibit everything that God gives me,
How much He can prosper me, people have to see.
May I humiliate all my enemies,
And those who humbled me, start to envy me.

A full and rich life; I need to have,
If God does not give, then, it is not worth believing.
The most important is what He is giving,
And not if my soul will be saved.

Since God is the owner, the children have to use,
On Earth, I will gather many treasures.
When I die, in a luxury coffin, they will bury me,
In heaven, in the house close to God, I will live,
Because I know, there, it will also be worth my wealth.


This poem is part of the book Christian Poetry Volume III.

No comments:

Post a Comment