Thursday, June 13, 2024

From Preoccupation to Peace

I wake up, and it starts the preoccupation

I have no peace but agitation

I get agitated thinking: what will come?

I get nervous imagining: what will go on?

My nerves are troubled

All my being is very exalted.

 

I live like that all the days

There is no peace in my ways

I’m always fatigued

I’m completely exhausted

I have no strength for anything

My flame is decreasing.

 

I need help to free me

Someone who can relieve me

I need a merciful hand

Someone to bring me to the promised land

I need to get out of this prison

Someone who gives me liberation.


There is only one who can do this

Someone able to understand me

The Lord God can save me

He’ll free me from the anguish

I’ll be able to walk carefree

He’ll relieve me from what was heavy.

 

I’ll deliver to the Lord my preoccupation

He will lead me to a solution

That seemed totally impossible

With God converts into possible

I’ll continue trusting in His great help,

I know that I’m not alone in my battle.

 

The mighty hand of God will cover me

From the evils, He’ll protect me

To infinite peace, He’ll lead me

A new life will begin

Leaving all stress and preoccupation

Living confidently in the God of my salvation.


This poem is part of the book Words of Faith.


See the book:

https://books2read.com/u/meLvPr

No comments:

Post a Comment